Sunday, October 19, 2008

Not Your Contractual Update Yet

As the title indicates, this isn't what you voted for yet. That comes later.

Today is an In Memoriam post. Yesterday, after working for a good part of the day (and sleeping in for the first time in months) I got home and realized my finches were still all covered up. I uncovered them, fed and watered them (Jezebel in her cage, and all the other finches in their cage.) It was then I realized that something was wrong. The five birds in the big cage weren't eating or drinking, or even beeping. I looked down and saw two of them, dead. I banged on the cage, and there was no response. I looked in the house and saw the rest of them dead.

I don't think even I realized how much I cared for those little birdies...I buried them, tears making it hard to see the hole. I didn't dig it as deep as I might like, but the shovel was too short. *sighs* Poor little birdies. No one has any idea what killed them...Jezebel, that troubler of Israel, was left alive. Ah well. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. You hurt people twice when you stab them with rust.



To Jenricka, Jareth, Jean Luc, Hawkeye, and Hughes...rest in peace, birdie buddies.

Some Mood Music: My Favorite Hymn

3 comments:

Sara said...

how very sad...poor birdies...poor Mar...

Linda B said...

I miss those cheerful little beeps!

MangyCat said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Flynn. *hugs* Even birds--it's never easy to lose a pet.